Polsat Plus Group acquires tech news website Antyweb

olish pay TV and broadband service provider Polsat Plus Group has acquired a majority stake in leading technology-themed website Antyweb. Some 70% of shares in Antyweb will be acquired by Interia, the web company acquired by Polsat Plus Group two years ago, with the remaining 30% remaining in the hands […]

olish pay TV and broadband service provider Polsat Plus Group has acquired a majority stake in leading technology-themed website Antyweb.

Some 70% of shares in Antyweb will be acquired by Interia, the web company acquired by Polsat Plus Group two years ago, with the remaining 30% remaining in the hands of the current owners of the website, Grzegorz Marczak and Haprin.

Marczak, the founder, creator and editor-in-chief of the website, will continue to manage it and be responsible for editorial.

Antyweb was founded in 2006 as a blog run by Marczak. In 2011, it secured financing, which allowed it to expand and increase its reach and revenues.

“We are glad that such a cool and important website writing about new technologies on the Polish Internet will be part of our Group. We also treat the acquisition of shares in Antyweb as an investment. Wee are convinced that thanks to our support, the position and importance of Antyweb will increase and more and more Internet users will benefit from the unique knowledge and information that can be found on Antyweb.pl,” said Maciej Stec, vice-president for strategy of Polsat Plus Group.

“I am very happy that Antyweb has acquired such a strong and significant partner on the media market in Poland. For Antyweb.pl, cooperation with Polsat Plus Group and various future synergies are an entry to the next level in the development of the website. I count on many interesting joint projects and committed cooperation. Personally, I consider this transaction a great success for everyone who has been building Antyweb.pl with me for years,” said Grzegorz Marczak, founder and owner of Antyweb.pl.

Next Post

Kindle Scribe, Halo Rise, new Echos, Fire TV

Sat Oct 1 , 2022
Wed, Sep 28 202212:55 PM EDT Amazon unveils new smart TV, the Fire TV Omni QLED Series starting at $799.99 Amazon Fire TV Omni Series in QLED Amazon Amazon just announced a new TV: The Amazon Fire TV Omni Series in QLED.  Aside from its QLED display, the TV has […]